Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Inspiration


Each time I have driven past that old Pussy Cat Theatre on Santa Monica Boulevard, and seen the image of that woman hanging above, instantly, I come up with a story..a scene in a short film... or a feature, kind of like Neil Jordan's Mona Lisa....you name it...

Although, I have since been informed by a friend, that its not the type of place I would want to go around professing as the reference of my imagination unless I want to make films like Bruce LaBruce...never thought about it in that way before, but apparently the film Otto: Or Up With Dead People, and The Raspberry Reich are among cult classics by LaBruce or at least thought provoking..I mean you have to admit, there is something thought provoking in a gay, Zombie, love story such is the case with Otto: Or Up With Dead People..

No comments: