Friday, March 13, 2009

From Thought to Page - The Journey

While writing my film, I have often found myself wrestling with the difficulty of translating onto page, the internal journey…How does one honestly write a persons cry for freedom without the actual prison or cage? I know it can be done, but to get there, to get to those words is a journey in itself… A journey I thought was all too impossible… that was, until I stumbled upon two films:

Waiting for Happiness, and Das Fräulein….


Both films effectively cover the internal journey in a simple yet powerful way, from using the camera as a witness to the yearning in Mauritania to the painful sacrifices made in the soul of Zurich. While succeeding in demonstrating that a modest budget with a small ensemble cast can create two award-winning films, it also proves that anything is possible with a strong story, fearless talent, and a lot of heart.

No comments: