Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sound and Words

So what... now? Well my film was brought back to life and placed in a competition, seems to be doing well. I was even inspired to create a facebook fan page, yeah I did it, it's called Lets Make The Jamaican Gypsy a Show on BET! Why not, right? I just decided to take it a step further, although it would be amazing to just win, win in general, but win the competition to be more specific! Tomorrow I go to a screening for my film at a local festival, should be nice to swim in the enthusiasm of creative ambition and the desire to do what I enjoy, and live it.

Dreams, for some it may be fame or even science, for me its moving pictures, with stories that break the silence, the kind you just want to think about and imagine with different endings and for different reasons. Who would have thought that I would evolve into someone who allows the heart to lead me…

Another thing I enjoy other than film is music. About a year ago I came across a song written by Feist, I'm not one to listen to a lot of her music, but this particular song floated in and around my thoughts, I couldn't get away from the lyrics, the words.. I like it when the music is just in the words, and not just in the sound, or the beat but the words, and the story it paints..

Its funny, this writing stuff and whatever is written, just sending it out there, not knowing if there is a receiver.. Do people actually read these words? If so, well…Thanks. I could be better at this, blogging, exhibiting, etc… I’ll just leave you with the lyrics that found me this evening, hope it finds you.. happy.

Intuition by Feist
I'll know, I'll know
I won't have to be shown
The way home
And it's not about a boy
Although, although

They can lead you
Break or defeat you

A destination known
Only by the one
Whose fate is overgrown
Piecemeal could break your home
In half
A love is not complete
With only heat

They can tease you
Break or complete you

And in came a heatwave
A merciful save
You choose, you chose
Poetry over prose
A map is more unreal
than where you've been
Or how you feel
And it's impossible to tell
How important someone was
And what he might have missed out on
And how he might have changed it all
and how you might have changed it all for him
and how you might have changed it all
and how he might have changed it all for you
and did i,
and did i miss out on you

2 comments:

Ernessa, author of 32 Candles said...

I adore Feist's lyrics. Reading a song of hers is like reading a poem that particularly resonates and I wish that more people would actually read what she's saying, b/c sometimes the music gets in the way. Thanks for posting this.

Also, congrats on The Jamaican Gypsy. Going to become a fan on Facebook as soon as I push submit!

kasmik said...

yes, people read... searching for connections, answers and secrets revealed-some are better at receiving than transmitting. your dreams have chosen you because they know you can bring them to life and so your heart is your best guide on this creative adventure. many people are only now awakening to your creations... consider when Columbus 'discovered' America. It had been there for eons, full and burgeoning with life, just like your film. It took a while for the others to find out what was happening over here. keep on steppin', keep on pushin' cause you're a winner!